Detoxification / Cleansing
There is a lot of information out there these days on detoxification & cleansing and for good reason! Our environment and the food we eat have created many overloaded body systems leading to acute and chronic illnesses. By cleansing the body many symptoms can be relieved and greater health & well-being can be achieved!
How Toxic are you?
- Do you feel you are not as healthy as you would like to be?
- Is it difficult to wake-up in am?
- Do you have low energy? Do you tire easily?
- Do you suffer from sneezing, runny nose, hay fever, or sinusitis?
- Do you suffer from headaches, migraines, and sore, achy muscles?
- Are you often irritable, impatient, tense, agitated, or hyperactive?
- Do you suffer from depression, confusion or forgetfulness?
- Are you over-weight or underweight?
- Do you suffer from premenstrual symptoms, breast or uterine cysts?
- Do you drink alcohol, coffee, or tea (caffeine) regularly?
- Do you eat sugar, chocolate & sweet bakery treats?
- Do you eat non-organic foods?
- Do you drink lots of soda (pops) and fizzy drinks?
- Do you live near a major road highway or in a city?
- Do you live near hydro lines?
- Have you renovated your house recently?
- Do you have your clothes dry-cleaned?
- Do you use bleach, detergents, household cleaners and disinfectants?
- Do you operate electrical or electronic equipment at work?
- Do you have to drive through traffic to get to work?
- Is your work – life- stressful?
- Do you fly often- particularly long distances more than twice a year?
- Do you have difficulty concentrating?
- Do you worry excessively?
- Do you have difficulty digesting food? (Gas, constipation, indigestion, diarrhea)
- Do you smoke?
- Do you have cancer?
- Are you sensitive to chemical smells?
- Do you have dry skin?
- Do you have a slow recovery time when sick?
- Do you have metal plates, screws, or rods in your body?
- Do you have poor circulation-cold hands or feet?
- Do you have cataracts? Are you losing your hair?
- Do you have to urinate often in the night?
The more “Yes’s” you have to these question the more likely you are to have a toxic burden in the body.
Your body is working overtime trying to rid itself of toxins. When the normal “exit routes” of the body are overwhelmed – they become clogged. These toxins then get circulated deeper into the body causing further congestion and complications. The energy your body normally uses for healing and repair is now being spent trying to neutralize the toxins.
What can I do to help my body cleanse then?
That is where a Naturopathic Doctor can help guide you.
Ways to cleanse:
Herbal Teas or Tinctures – Herbs have a tremendous ability to aid the body in cleansing through supporting various systems of elimination. There are herbs to support lymphatic, liver, kidney clearing of toxins, skin, intestines and lungs which are all pathways through which the body clears toxins and waste products.
We offer a tea that has been designed by Dr. Ann Lawrence ND called Detox tea which has herbs in it to support all of these systems and in a gentle and safe way. We also have formulated our Healthy Breast and Body tea which has herbs for general cleansing with added support for breast health.
Diet is primary – without maintaining a clean healthy diet your success through cleansing methods will not be sustainable. Fasting and other cleansing diets may be appropriate, but it is a good idea to have guidance while going through or beginning a cleansing diet.
Homeopathic Drainage – products that cleanse a deeper lever called the extracellular matrix. This is the soup that our cells live in and are surrounded by and if it is too loaded with waste products and materials toxic to us then the cells cannot function or communicate properly and our hormones and neurotransmitters will not be able to work as well either. This will manifest as disease or just an overall sense of “not feeling well”.
Ionizing Foot Baths – The Platinum Energy Foot Spa that we have at our clinic has been shown to help the body release heavy metals. This is very important as heavy metals such as mercury and aluminum have associated with many neurological problems such as Alzheimer s and Autism. Heavy metals can also can have an effect on hormonal systems and enzyme pathways.
LSM- Living Systems Medicine – LSM is a form of Bioresonance testing and a gentle way of using remedies to help the body with toxicity and health challenges.
Ready To Start On The Road to Better Health?
Dr. Ann Lawrence, ND. Naturopathic Doctor Ottawa
Call us at 613-591-3788